Get celebrity skincare secrets to beat the heat
* Exfoliate your body after a shower: A common mistake which people tend to make is to exfoliate before a shower. Cleaning up the dead cells before a shower is likely to cause more irritation and itching on the skin as in that point of time your skin is dry.
It is advisable to moisturise your skin with an oil before a shower and exfoliate it after the shower. Exfoliating your skin after a shower will help remove the dead skin effortlessly. However, make sure that you use a good scrub which is appropriate for your skin. You can also use a soft towel to remove the dead skin.
* Use sunscreen before stepping out in the sun: The sunscreen is your best friend this season. While having a healthy tan looks good, too much sun can harm the skin. Constant exposure to sun for a very long time can damage your skin. Pick a sunscreen which has a minimum SPF of 30 and apply it a good 20 minutes before you leave your house.
In the long run, the sunscreen also helps in reducing spots and delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Similarly, make sure that after sun care is taken care of, you need to wash your face with cold water and moisturise it with a calm moisturiser.
* Hydrate your body with moisturiser: In cities that face dry, scorching heat, the moisture present in the skin tends to get sucked out. Hence, it is necessary to constantly keep hydrating the body with a moisturiser, preferably moisturising milk than a cream as it spreads easily on your body and is non-sticky.
Also, make sure that you use a moisturiser on slightly damp skin, as it glides easily and covers a larger portion of your body. Use a scented moisturiser only if it suits your skin or else it may cause skin irritation. Even in cities with aq high level of humidity, the constant sweating can cause irritation and body odour. A good moisturiser works there well too.
* Moisturise your skin before shaving: Summers mean shorts, skirts and sleeveless dresses for days together. It’s best to stay away from harmful creams and painful waxing as they can damage your skin and cause rashes if you have a sensitive skin. Also, why cover yourself in this heat for 15 days until your next waxing session? Switch to shaving as it is the safest method of hair removal and is also recommended by dermatologists.
Use a razor that has skin conditioning ingredients like Gillette Venus Breeze, which comes with in-built body butters and glycerin that will help keep your skin moisturised before and after the shave.
* Wait at least 24 hours before hitting the beach or pool: The newly shaved area will be sensitive to the sun, salt and chlorine. It is better to wait before taking a dive to avoid itchiness, burning and irritation. Also, apply sunscreen before and as soon as it gets washed off, after a swim to avoid unnecessary tanning.
* Gorge on berries and fresh fruits: Summers in India mean seeing heaps and heaps of the king of fruits, mango, everywhere along with a plethora of berries. The skin reflects what you eat so feast yourself on the summer produce. They are rich and high on vitamins and increase the release of antioxidants giving you the perfect glowing skin.